Join us for an Open House
Sunday, March 11, 2-4 pm
Tuesday, March 13, 9-11 am
Drop-in Open House
First Wednesday of every month, 9 – 11 am
Watch the Book Trailers by Group 4 students (7th and 8th grade).
Educating & Inspiring Children Since 1971
NCCL (Newark Center for Creative Learning) is an independent, progressive elementary and middle school with an enrollment of 80 students, kindergarten through 8th grade. Small multi-age classes are led by expert teachers (10:1 ratio). Graduates leave as creative problem-solvers prepared to thrive in our complex, 21st-century world. Structured K-8 curriculum includes: mathematics, reading, writing, social studies, science, Spanish, music, art, physical education, and full recess for all ages. Our Mission is to provide a rich academic & cultural foundation, which insures the joy of discovery in each child and fosters curious, creative, critical thinkers.
- Guided, cooperative learning
- Social and emotional skills such as inclusion, empathy, kindness and diversity
- Connections across academics, such as math with history
- Inquiry-based projects, short and long term
- Positive discipline
- Environmental sustainability
Our Philosophy is that children learn best when:
- They are actively involved.
- They use all of their senses to discuss, debate, explore, investigate, create, and gather their own information.
- They study subjects in depth rather than in broad overviews, bringing in information and concepts from related areas.
- They are interested in the topic, are challenged but not frustrated, and are having fun.
Our Curriculum is designed to:
- Rely on non-competitive assessments, not standardized testing.
- Be child centered.
- Be developmentally appropriate.
- Teach key concepts and skills, academic and social.
- Include open-ended learning experiences which have many solutions to one problem.
- Be integrated.
- Respond to children’s needs and interests.
Interested in learning more about NCCL? Come visit us dur ing one of our open houses or schedule an individual visit at 302 368-7772 or email@example.com.