Educating & Inspiring Children Since 1971
DROP-IN OPEN HOUSE
First Wednesday of every month, 9 – 11 am
Watch the Book Trailers by Group 4 students (7th and 8th grade).
NCCL (Newark Center for Creative Learning) is an independent, progressive elementary and middle school with an enrollment of 80 students, kindergarten through 8th grade. Small multi-age classes are led by expert teachers (10:1 ratio). Graduates leave as creative problem-solvers prepared to thrive in our complex, 21st-century world. Structured K-8 curriculum includes: mathematics, reading, writing, social studies, science, Spanish, music, art, physical education, and full recess for all ages. Our Mission is to provide a rich academic & cultural foundation, which insures the joy of discovery in each child and fosters curious, creative, critical thinkers.
- Guided, cooperative learning
- Social and emotional skills such as inclusion, empathy, kindness and diversity
- Connections across academics, such as math with history
- Inquiry-based projects, short and long term
- Positive discipline
- Environmental sustainability
Our Philosophy is that children learn best when:
- They are actively involved.
- They use all of their senses to discuss, debate, explore, investigate, create, and gather their own information.
- They study subjects in depth rather than in broad overviews, bringing in information and concepts from related areas.
- They are interested in the topic, are challenged but not frustrated, and are having fun.
Our Curriculum is designed to:
- Rely on non-competitive assessments, not standardized testing.
- Be child centered.
- Be developmentally appropriate.
- Teach key concepts and skills, academic and social.
- Include open-ended learning experiences which have many solutions to one problem.
- Be integrated.
- Respond to children’s needs and interests.
Interested in learning more about NCCL? Come visit us dur ing one of our open houses or schedule an individual visit at 302 368-7772 or email@example.com.