Progressive Education for K-8
We are currently accepting applications for middle school math/science teaching positions for the 2015-16 school year.
by Group 1 – K through 2nd grade
Indian paintbrush flower inside
Ocean wonders, seashell twirl
See reflections, whirl and whirl
Upside down see-though mirrors
Rolls and rolls across my hand
Swift and smooth on the groove
Rolling rolling sea of blue
Paper airplane fly around
Round and round
Looks like frosty ocean
Like a star
Like a ship in a marble
Colored mirrors left and right
Rolling, twisting through the night
We have immediate openings in 6th and 7th grade.
Educating & Inspiring Children Since 1971
Watch the Book Trailers by Group 4 students (7th and 8th grade).
NCCL is an independent, progressive elementary and middle school with an enrollment of 80 students, kindergarten through 8th grade. Small multi-age classes are led by expert teachers (10:1 ratio). Graduates leave as creative problem-solvers prepared to thrive in our complex, 21st-century world.
Structured K-8 curriculum includes: mathematics, reading, writing, social studies, science, Spanish, music, art, physical education, and full recess for all ages.
Our Mission is to provide a rich academic foundation while fostering confident thinkers and igniting the passion for learning that is within each child.
- Guided, cooperative learning
- Social and emotional skills such as inclusion, empathy, kindness and diversity
- Connections across academics, such as math with history
- Inquiry-based projects, short and long term
- Positive discipline
- Environmental sustainability
Our Philosophy is that children learn best when:
- They are actively involved.
- They use all of their senses to discuss, debate, explore, investigate, create, and gather their own information.
- They study subjects in depth rather than in broad overviews, bringing in information and concepts from related areas.
- They are interested in the topic, are challenged but not frustrated, and are having fun.
Our Curriculum is designed to:
- Rely on non-competitive assessments, not standardized testing.
- Be child centered.
- Be age appropriate.
- Teach core concepts and skills, academic and social.
- Include open-ended learning experiences which have many solutions to one problem.
- Be integrated.
- Respond to children’s needs and interests.
Interested in learning more about NCCL? Come visit us during one of our open houses or schedule an individual visit.